Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Top 10 Things

I love about my "new" home:

1. Having 2 beautiful girls in it. Does it get any better than this?
2. The layout. So much room (not much closet room, but I can make it work).
3. The peace and quiet.
4. Small towns. I grew up in one, so I love small towns.
5. Satellite dish. With DVR. Wow, I never knew what I was missing. DVR is great!
6. The internet is now hooked up.
7. Warm, beatiful weather so that we can play outside (and don't have to run the heater very much).
8. My 2 year old is currently throwing a tea party picnic in here so that I can be on the computer and play with her.
9. My daughter is adjusting nicely. She has learned how to play by herself and how to play around my feeding Baby Boo and all even if that means curling up with a book next to me.
10. Spike the cat who has adopted us as his new owners. My husband named Spike before he figured out that Spike was a girl. But, she's still Spike.

Top 10 Things I hate about my new home:
1. We are just far enough out that we can't get DSL. Dialup is our fastest option. I will never complain about dialup again (yeah, right). I am happy to have any internet.
2. Our hot water heater can't fill up the bathtub.
3. Two beautiful children who manage to cry at the same time. My husband still isn't used to this.
4. I don't know many people here yet, so I feel a little isolated. So glad to have the internet back.
5. The satellite goes out in the rain. Not helpful. How am I supposed to know what's going on when the weather gets bad?
6. My daughter's new obsession with her "letters." Sesame Street has a video called the All Star Alphabet. She loves it. I liked it the first time. They have this cute little feature where it starts over after it's done unless you tell it not to--very helpful.
7. Going without internet for 3 weeks.
8. Did I mention I missed having the internet? Now I'm behind on all my blog reading and will have to catch up over the next few days.
9. Going to have to start job hunting soon. I hate job hunting.
10. Going to have to start daycare hunting as soon as I find a job. I hate that even more.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have the internet again and hope to update fairly often.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you are back!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more about your new place/town. And things sound like they are going well. And you have DVR AND the internet - what could be bad?? :)

Sabrina said...

Glad you're back! I would have cracked the first few days after having my internet disconnected. LOL