Wednesday, February 08, 2006

And it begins....

I did some exercising this morning. Not much -- it's amazing how much time commercials take out of a 30 minute workout even if you can fast forward through them. I didn't feel like I got much exercise, but something's better than nothing. Now, if I can stop eating out of boredom, I'll be doing well. I already gave up the good cokes and am only drinking diet cokes if anything. Most of the time I prefer water to diet drinks.

I've decided it's time to lose all this extra weight. I'm trying to be realistic about how fast this can go, but in a few months, I better look good in a swimsuit. Or else I'm going to beat myself up because I'm the only one to blame. Well, maybe my husband a little bit because he suggests buying the cookies, but I don't have to eat them. It's hard not to eat the rest of them. You know, just to get them out of the house and all.

Children really do have little sponges for brains. In the past few weeks or so, my daughter (the older one) has been watching this Sesame Street DVD of the letters of the alphabet. She suprised me the other day when she said, "That's the letter E," while pointing at her "I'm a big sister shirt." Sure enough, she was pointing at the letter E. I'll have to let her watch that video more often. Oh, wait, she already watches way too much TV. I did, however, buy some construction paper and a black marker and put each letter on a piece of construction paper. Then I put them all up on her wall (yes, it takes up a lot of room, but we have high ceilings and a blank wall in her room). While I was putting them up, she asked me what some of the letters were. Now, she will point to the letters Z, Y, and X (the ones that she can reach while standing on her bed) and tell me what they are. She knows colors and shapes, so I'm trying to think of other things to teach her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on the exercising bit!!! I am awaiting my all clear in a few weeks to begin... I have a master plan but we'll see how that goes!! KEEP on keepin' on!!! Kids are amazing...colors, shapes, letters,....animals?? have fun!! xo lyns

Rosa* said...

Try simple Spanish words. (Foreign languages are required in schools now and Spanish is the easiest to learn). Use the same construction paper method, and put the spanish words on them and stick them to the corresponding objects. EX. vantana = window. Puerta = door. Mesa = table. Or cut out pictures + the word, perro = dog, gato = cat. My daugther is doing awesome with Spanish. :)

Sabrina said...

Good luck on the working out. Been trying to do that myself. Kids learn alot from TV. I don't know why parents make TV sound so bad. My daughter and son speak alot of Spanish from watching Dora and from their gparents. I think that Little Einsteins show is the best!