Friday, February 24, 2006

Ice Skating

Being the Olympic follower that I am, I recorded last night's episode and watched it this morning. This is nice because I can skip right through the snowboarding (not a particular favorite of mine) and the commercials.

My observations:
1. The gold went to the right person. That was a beautiful performance.
2. Somebody should tell Dick Button to shut up. Did he say anything nice throughout all of the competitions? I don't remember a thing. He made the comment last night that someone didn't tuck the laces into their skates and it messed up the profile or silhoutte or something. WTF? I didn't notice her laces at all. Sorry, I was watching her performance, and the laces didn't really screw it up in my mind. And everyone was so disappointning to him.
3. Kudos to NBC for getting Scott Hamilton to be an announcer as well. I really like him, and he's not so negative.

Miss Priss has walked around the house twirling and saying, "I skating, Mama."

I'm going to have to google lactose intolerance in infants because, unfortunately, Baby Boo's increase in gassiness over the past few days coincides with my increase in ice cream intake. Knowing that I'm going to have a gassy baby kind of takes the joy out of the ice cream. Not that I need it anyway, but still.....

6 comments:

overactive-imagination said...

are you strictly breastfeeding or are you supplementing with formula?
Dawn

Sasha@Pw said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sasha@Pw said...

I hear so many mothers talking about their baby's gas issues. I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant with my first and thats something I'm definitely not looking forward to.

Sabrina said...

Gas is just no fun. Hopefully it's not the lactose, you can cut it out if you wanted to. For me, that would just suck, period. LOL I watch the Olympics periodically and yeah some of the things the announcers say are just weird or mean!

Anonymous said...

Jasper has a milk allergy that manifested itself as eczema and asthma. You'll discover there are many types of lactose intolerances out there... you can even get late onset adult lactose intolerance. Anyway... good luck and nice to visit your blog again.

Anonymous said...

I also thought Dick Button was a snooty-McSnoot the whole time. Why couldn't he think of anything nice to say? I wasn't able to stay up to watch all of the favorites but I did see Sasha. Bummer about her falling down. But she handled it with grace.

Elise