Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wow.

In the past couple of weeks, Miss Priss has practically potty trained herself. It was like, all of a sudden, the lightbulb went on and she got it. I guess my half-assed potty training attempt worked in that I procrastinated so much that she just suddenly "got it." Good, I'll do the same thing with Baby Boo.

So as not to jinx myself, I will not talk about how long it has been since she had an accident. I'm even thinking of sending her to bed with panties on since she wakes up dry, but I can't do it yet. I don't want to waste the diapers I have left, and why clean up messy sheets if I don't have to. I'm all about the laziness factor.

We have to drive about 45 minutes or so to get groceries every week, and she gets mad if she needs to go in the car. She will start yelling, "I NEED TO POOP!!!! ON.MY.POTTY!!!!" Well, we're not going to stop the car on a two lane road so just go in your diaper. This does not look good for our 13 hour car ride this summer. She's going to want to stop and go to the bathroom a lot. And we're not stopping kind of people. We stop for gas and that's it. You go to the bathroom when you stop for gas. With two young children, we'll see how many stops need to be made.

1 comment:

Mama of 2 said...

Congrats on the potting training! Kudos to your little one. I recall when Little Man was being trained (he's not 8) we took his potty chair everywhere and admittedly we did stop on the side of the road so he could sit in the back of the Explorer and pee. Ah-- the things we do for our children.