Thursday, May 11, 2006

Woohoo!

This morning's weigh in went well. I'm now down to 175.6. That is very exciting for me since I can't remeber the last time that I weighed so "little." I've also begun to identify some of the things that contribute to my weight gain, so hopefully I can learn to control them and work around them.

1. I can't leave food on my plate. I, unfortunately, can't blame my parents (it would be so convenient if I could). They never gave lectures about starving kids in Africa or anything like that. I can only blame myself. I can't leave food on my plate because it seems so wasteful. Not necessarily foodwise, but moneywise. What a waste of money not to finish the meal completely.

2. I need to learn to control my portions. I know they are way, way, way too big, but I don't want to have to go and get seconds. That just seems like I'm eating too much. Therefore, I put enough for first and second helpings on my plate the first time. Realistically, if I just put one true portion on my plate, I would probably eat that and be full and never get anymore food after that. But, then I would have all the wasted food still in the pots.....which brings me to.....

3. I don't need to cook like I'm feeding a family of 6. There are 2 adults and one child (who eats like a bird) in my family.

4. My other problem is that I have to have something to do with my hands. I can't watch TV or play on the computer without something else going on. I've learned that coloring with my daughter or doing my nails or toenails helps give me something to do other than eat (and it keeps my nails looking great!). On the computer, since I have dial-up, while waiting for pages to load, I open Spider Solitaire and play it. It's working pretty well so far.

So, the goals for this week are:
1. Smaller portions. I don't think I can cut them in half or anything, but maybe only 2/3 of what I would normally eat.

2. No snacking unless I'm truly hungry, not just bored.

3. Work out some sort of exercise plan. I got a couple of new exercise videos -- a core pilates and an abs, buns, and thighs video. It would be helpful if I would actually do the workout. And I've got to start some sort of aerobic workout. Maybe I can get Hubby to watch the girls for a while during the evening so I can go run (well, as close to running as I can do right now).

As it is, my stomach seems to be shrinking, so I feel full faster. I'm trying really hard to actually listen to it. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!! Sounds like you have a good plan.

Melody said...

Whoo hoo....way to go!!!!

Sabrina said...

Congrats! That's awesome! I know that I'm the same thing about cleaning my plate and portions. I think that would help me out too.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I am going to focus on the same thing for me. I hope I can do it too. Now it is true I am trying for another kid, but in the meantime, I can lose weight too! Good luck, I'll be here supporting you.

Elise