Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day (Or Something Like That)

A rundown of my mother's day thus far:

12:04 -- Hubby arrived home from his poker game (didn't lose any money -- always good).
12:05 -- Hubby told me that he has to work this morning from 6am to noon. So much for sleeping in.
1:00 -- After talking with Hubby for a while and fighting insomnia, I fell asleep.
2:00 -- Miss Priss woke up crying (she wakes up every night, but there's usually not crying involved).
2:30 -- Trying not to lose patience with Miss Priss (since she did have a bad dream and is scared to go back to sleep), I got her some milk and returned to my bed since my being in her room seemed to be keeping her awake.
3:00 -- After lying awake listening for Miss Priss to fall asleep (she tends to thrash around a lot as she's falling asleep -- our room shares a wall with hers, so I hear her constantly hitting the wall), I went and checked on her. She was almost asleep.
3:15 -- I checked on Miss Priss again, and she was sleeping soundly.
3:30 -- Fell back asleep.
5:00 -- Hubby's alarm went off.
5:01 -- Fell back asleep.
5:55 -- Hubby left for work. I got up to lock the door and heard the dogs claws on the kitchen floor. That can only mean one thing.
5:56 -- I discovered that the damn dog had gotten into the trash and spread it all over the kitchen floor. "Buddy, get your ass outside!"
5:57 -- Put the dog out and decided I would pick the trash up when I got up.
5:58 -- Returned to my bedroom to see Baby Boo smiling sweetly at me. Now, I love a good baby smile as much as the next person, but early in the morning when I just want to go back to sleep.....
6:00 -- Decided that I should feed Baby Boo and then, surely, she'd go back to sleep.
6:01 -- After picking Baby Boo up, I realized that she had left me a mother's day present in her diaper.
6:02 -- I tiptoed as quietly as possible through Miss Priss's bedroom to get a diaper (I really must remember to put some diapers in my room since Miss Priss is such a light sleeper).
6:03 -- I changed Baby Boo's nasty, smelly diaper. She smiled the entire time.
6:05 -- I started feeding Baby Boo. Instead of her eyes getting heavier as she ate, she paused several times to smile at me really big with milk dribbling out of her little mouth. Very adorble, but I soon realized that she had no intention of going back to sleep.
6:15 -- Baby Boo was done eating and was trying to sit up (basically doing a crunch -- damn I wish I had her abs!). I rolled her over, popped her dummy in, and cuddled her really close desperately hoping for those extra few minutes of sleep.
6:45 -- Woke up with a nice cuddly, awake, sneezing baby. She was being very still so as not to disturb me -- what a sweetie!
6:50 -- Miss Priss came in declaring, "I want some milk."

7:00 -- I finally got up to get Miss Priss some milk (I'm quick like that). She quickly stated, "Awww, Mommy, what happened?!" I told her that the dog had gotten into the trash and that I would pick it up.
7:05 -- After picking up the trash, I got her some milk. And some breakfast.
7: 15 -- I went back in to check on Baby Boo. Guess who had gone back to sleep. I watched her sleep for a few minutes. So cute.
7:20 -- I went in and watched an episode of Dora while Miss Priss and I ate breakfast.
7:45 -- I got online to go through my morning ritual of blog reading and message boards.

So that is my day so far. The rest better be someting like:
12:00 -- Hubby gets home.
12:05 -- I start my nap.
3:00 -- I wake up. No crying children would be a plus.
5:00 -- Hubby makes me whatever I want for dinner. Without my help.
6:30 -- Hubby does the dishes. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha -- that's a good one. I don't think he's done the dishes since we moved in.
7:00 -- I watch whatever movie I want to watch (which probably means that he doesn't want to watch it LOL)
9:00 -- I go to bed early. Hubby gets the girls ready for bed and in bed. All. by. himself.

So that's probably pretty unrealistic, but Hubby did say before he left this morning that he owed me a day as a mother's day. Oh, he owes me alright........

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am sorry about the start of your day. Hopefully it got better in the end! Happy Mothers Day Alison- you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think you need to add "given obscenely large piece of jewelry by husband". :)

~Jenny
http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama/

Jessica R. said...

I really hope that your day got better after noon! lol.

I taught Sunday school, went to a family mother's day brunch and then M went to play golf!

But he did make up for it after by helping me menu plan for the week...

Unknown said...

I hope hubby made it up to you!!! And you especially got that nap!