Wednesday, May 10, 2006

How Much of a Nerd.....

am I to get my reality TV from PBS? I avidly watched Texas Ranch House (after recording all of them this past week -- I don't want to have to wait for the next one to come on). Yes, I am a nerd.

The premise of the show is to take 15 people and send them back through time to 1867 to live on a ranch. There was the ranch family, The Cookes (dad, mom, 3 teenage daughters -- how did they get the daughters to agree to this?), the servant girl, and a bunch of cowboys.

Very interesting show. I wonder how their editing decisions made an impact on how it looked for the family. In the beginning, I felt a little sorry for the family because there were some scenes where the ranch hands were a little less than helpful when they could have been. But, in the end, I had very little respect for the ranch family. The kicker for me was the dishes. Before the ranch hands left for the cattle drive, the ranch hosted a big party. Eight days later (while sitting around in their underwear), they were complaining about the horrendous fly problem and blaming it on the horse manure that was "right outside the door." I would have no problem with this (and agree it was manure) if they had actually done the dishes! Eight days with nasty, dirty dishes and rotting food. Hello! Where do you think the fly problem came from?

Okay, rant over.

Baby Boo can now roll from back to front. She discovered this last night and quickly repeated it over and over quickly discovering that she can roll over and over and actually get somewhere. Uh-oh. I'm in trouble now.

Miss Priss had a total meltdown last night when she pooped in her panties. That was the first time that she had done that, and I heard her running with tears streaming down her face from her room where she had been quietly playing. She was very upset and wouldn't calm down until I assured her that it was no big deal and that we could wash her panties.

And today is our anniversary. I probably ought to do something really nice for dinner, right? Any suggestions for a cooking challenged woman with a picky (as in no vegetables) husband?

2 comments:

Melody said...

My suggestion....Go out to dinner. Happy anniversary.

Sabrina said...

Poor Miss Priss! I know my daughter gets so embarassed on her little accidents. I have never heard of that show on PBS! Maybe I should check it out. Sad that PBS is doing reality tv now too!