Saturday, May 06, 2006

Thunderstorm.....

We had a big thunderstorm last night. On the one hand, I hate thunderstorms because I live in the southern part of Tornado Alley, and I don't particularly like my car getting hailed on, but, on the other hand, I love a big thunderstorm (minus the hail and tornado). So, last night, around 7:00, it started raining. I tuned into the local news to see that the worst was yet to come. So, as we were going to sleep, we opened up the curtains so that we could watch the lightning. It is so beautiful. We have a security light outside our house, and at one point the lightning was so bright and so frequent that the light turned off because it's sensor assumed the sun had come up. There's nothing like falling asleep to a good thunderstorm.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I like thunderstorms too. There are so neat...especailly when you live in Colorado and don't have to worry about tornados!!!! When went to Oklahoma a few summers back to visit family and when they had thunderstorms I couldn't sleep all night just worrying about a tornado...scary!!!

Anonymous said...

Thunderstorms are second only to nytol when it comes to sleep-aids!

~Jenny

http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama/

Sabrina said...

Most of our storms consist of the hail. I think it hailed 3 times in April! We're lucky that we live in the country our house faces the west so we watch the light show across the flat fields. It's pretty cool especially the spiderwebbing across the sky.