Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Who in the world.....

is the man living in my house? Because that is definitely not my husband. This guy cooks, does laundry, and picks up the house. And even mentioned something about helping me find time to exercise in the evenings while he watches the girls. Don't get me wrong. I'll keep him. I'm just curious where my husband went.

We're going next weekend to spread my grandmother's ashes. We're going to East Texas where she grew up. Well, actually, I think the actual place where were spreading her ashes is in Louisiana, but we're staying with family in East Texas. My grandmother's father died when she was 6 months old, so her mother took her and her siblings to live with her grandparents. They had a house on a plot of land that keeps getting divided up as people die. My grandmother used to call it "God's Little Acre." So, she's going to live forever where she grew up. It seems only fitting.

I love my family and getting together with them; I only wish it was a happier occasion. Some of them haven't even see Baby Boo, so she better behave. Sadly, I don't think I have any pictures of my grandmother with Baby Boo. I have a few of her with Miss Priss, but none with Baby Boo. And my brother hasn't seen Baby Boo since she was only a couple weeks old. I don't think he'll even recognize her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can your hubby come over and help straighten up my house? ;-) J/k - my hubby is pretty good about that. Sounds like he has realized you need a little help??

I hope you enjoy the time with your family, even if the reason for getting together isn't the happiest one.

Melody said...

Just forget about the 'real' fella...keep this one and be happy about it. Good luck with spreading the ashes and enjoy your family as much as possible under the circumstances.

Sabrina said...

Kinda freaky when they just change overnight like that. Hope he continues the trend!