Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Deep End of the Pool

Heather (Was That My Outloud Voice) and Sunshine (...And The Pursuit of Happiness) have set up a new blog called Deep End of the Pool, to help those of us who want to lose weight. This is not your ordinary weight loss blog. It's a competition. And nothing encourages me more than competition. Basically, it works like this -- you weigh in every Friday, and post your weight. If you lose weight, you owe nothing. If you maintain or gain weight, you owe $5. It's free to sign up, so you never owe any money unless you maintain or gain weight. But, you can win a prize. There will be two prizes given -- one for the person who loses the most weight, and one for the person who loses the biggest percentage. Several people have already signed up, and the more the merrier. So, if you're looking to lose weight and need a little extra push, here it is. :) Plus, if you have a blog, they'll link to your blog, so you can find other blogs as well if you're looking for new reading material. You have to sign up by Sunday, so check it out.

4 comments:

Sergeants of Squish said...

Great job on your post we are off and running in every way!
Should be a lot of fun, keep blogging your own progress - I think we'll have a lot of people asking for "skinny" clothes for Christmas! :)

Sergeants of Squish said...

By the way, I should mention that members only need to report in their pounds lost on Fridays and that will be posted. The actual weight of each member will not be posted, this is kept confidential!

Unknown said...

Yeah Alison!! ;-) I'm excited to start myself! ;-)

FYI - you don't have to call Sonio or I Sergeant ;-). I crack myself up.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Domestic Chicky here! (Deanna, really) I am SO ready for this! Thanks for the link and I look forward to getting to know you!