Monday, September 11, 2006

Chivalry is Not Dead!

I ride the bus to work every day. I take one bus for most of the trip, but then I have to switch buses to get to my building. I'm only on the 2nd bus for about 5 minutes (unless traffic is really heavy), so it's not too bad. Most days I get on (I say most like I've been doing this for years), and it's standing room only. Well, for the past 3 or 4 days, I haven't had to stand. There are gentlemen on the bus who will stand up and let me sit (and others too, so it's not just my good looks that are getting me a seat -- please not the heavy dose of sarcasm). I have to say that, in a world where people rarely hold doors anymore, it really makes my day when someone is willing to be so selfless.

In regards to the 5th anniversary of 9/11, I can only say that I am still saddened and speechless over what happened. Even 5 years later. Truly a day that no one will ever forget.

No comments: