Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well....

now that I'm starting to settle into my work routine, it's time to refocus on my weight loss routine. I've decided I'm only weighing in once a month. That way there's a dramatic change (there better be, at least!). Fortunately, in the two months where I wasn't really trying to lose weight, I didn't gain it all back. For the most part, I hovered in the lower 170s. To me, that is very encouraging -- once I do lose all the weight I'm hoping to lose, at least I'll be able to maintain pretty well.

Now that I'm working all day, snacking isn't an easy option to cure boredom, so that should help as well. I also get a little exercise at work even if it's just going between buildings. So, I've got high hopes. My only thing I have to watch out for is the fact that I'm no longer breastfeeding, so I'm not losing those calories.

I am so proud of myself for making it 8 months breastfeeding Baby Boo. I was hoping to make it longer than Miss Priss (3 months). I did. And then some.

And since I'm so environmentally friendly, I'm riding the bus to work. Well, that's not all true. Yes, I'm not polluting with my car, but the real reason is that I hate driving in rush hour traffic (it scares me to death), and my commute is long (a little over an hour), so it works out best for me to relax and read a book on the bus.

Funny how I've become more environmentally friendly recently. I'm also recycling.

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on the weight maintenance! I've gained a few lbs back (ugh) and another blogger and I are putting together a diet pool/club of some sort, if you're interested?? She and I will be posting about it next week. It will be fun and motivating I hope!!!!

Glad to hear you are getting into a routine - hope you are enjoying your job!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I am also struggling with it. At least you didn't gain a whole bunch back.