Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Holy Cow! What happened to my baby?

Miss Priss seems to have grown up overnight -- she's using lots of big words, and words like "skeins" (it's a measure of yarn, and I'm not sure I spelled it right). She also builds houses. Hubby had a great idea to get her blocks for her birthday. The thing is, she builds them with the triangles at the top for the roof, but she also puts another little brick up there. I asked her what it was, and she looked at me funny (as if to say, "Duh, mom!") and said, "That's the chimney." Oh. Yeah. Right. Duh, mom.

And poor little Baby Boo fell down and went bonk. Mr. Eye, meet Mr. Table. Yeah, so now she has this thin line of a bruise from the corner of her eye toward the temple. Cute. Just how I want the rest of my family to see her this weekend. I hope she's a quick healer.

And, I decided to be brutally honest with myself as far as the weight loss and take some pictures. I don't want to look at them, but I keep assuring myself when I'm thin and gorgeous that I'll want to see how far I've come. I hope I'm right. And I took measurements. Ew. And as of Sunday night, I was174.0 lbs. I'd like to see some major weight loss.

Hubby watched the girls last night while I went to the workout center at our apartment complex. I spent 30 minutes on the recumbant bike doing the "weight loss course." I want to see some results. My goal is to go to the workout center at least 4 times a week (hey, I'm trying to be realistic). My other goal this week is to drink more water. Lots and lots of water. I've also added breakfast to my diet. Let's hope all of this works.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I haven't been that low in weight for oh, 14 mths and it was short lived because as soon as I quit bfing I ballooned back. You're doing a great job! Kids do seem to grow up overnight. I hope her eye is doing better!