Friday, May 27, 2005

Missing in Action

Well, this is my last post for a few days. We're going out to visit my husband's parents. It ought to be fun. Have I ever mentioned how lucky I am on the in-law front? All of my in-laws are great.

My daughter and I went to Cody's sister's graduation last night. She graduated from high school, and she did great. She has cerebral palsy, so she's in a wheelchair. They had to bring a special ramp into the auditorium because the stage only had stairs on both sides. But everything went well. Of course, for 52 people, graduation took almost 2 hours. Mine was like that as well. Way too long. Especially if you have a 1 year old. My daughter and I spent most of graduation outside playing on the steps. We weren't alone. There were about 15 kids her age out playing.

So, we're trying to keep this pregnancy a secret, right? I looked up my
ivillage pregnancy calendar for the next couple of days, and this is what is says for Monday:

"Your nauseating hCG levels are at their peak this week. The good news is that starting next week, as your hormone levels stabilize, you'll start feeling a lot better. The bad news is that this week is probably going to be rough. If you're throwing up a lot, drink plenty of water to keep yourself from dehydrating."

Aren't those ideal conditions for keeping a pregnancy a secret? Wish me luck. We'll see if we can get through the weekend without telling. Let's hope we're not eating out a lot. That's when my anxiety of throwing up in public (yes, I have a real phobia about this -- I'm sure if I looked I could find a technical name -- well, maybe not).


Anyway, have a great Memorial Day Weekend, and I'll "see" you next Thursday!

4 comments:

Juno said...

You're lucky. My in-laws are still not quite sure what to make of me I think.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Amanda said...

Have a great weekend! Don't throw up too much :)

Unknown said...

Hope you had a fabulous time and the nausea left you alone! My in-laws are pretty great too, save a few :).

Sasha@Pw said...

Hope you had a nice trip!