Thursday, June 02, 2005

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we had a nice, relaxing memorial day weekend visiting my in-laws. We didn't do much of anything. I didn't even throw up. I didn't eat a whole lot though.

Oh, and my mother-in-law guessed. My husband had mentioned Sunday that maybe we should tell them. Then we decided not to. I walked by later when he and his mother were talking. They both looked at me. I knew something was up. I was sure that he had told her. He caught up to me a few minutes later and said that she had come up to her and said, "Are we going to be grandparents again?"

"How'd you know?" wasn't exactly the denial of the century. Apparently, the dress I wore to church made me look pregnant. Actually, when I looked in the mirror, I thought I looked fat, but my mother-in-law was willing to give me the benefit of the doubt. She had her suspicions, but when my husband patted my belly (whoa, that won't give it away), she saw him. Then she was pretty sure. At least there was no lecture about how we can't afford a baby. They're a little concerned about us, but they're excited. I say they because my father-in-law also knows. No one else does.

So, that brings the total of people who know (besides all of you in blogland) to 5. Me, my husband, my husband's boss, my mother-in-law, and my father-in-law. Six if you want to count my daughter, but I don't know if she really understands.

No comments: