Tuesday, May 10, 2005

So I Don't Have To Change Doctors...

yet.

Gwen called me back. At about 3:30. That's what, a 5 hour turnaround time? Good to know. If I have a real problem, then I'll be sure to call early.

In all honesty Gwen did at least pretend to seem happy to talk to me. She congratulated me, and she told me my due date. Yeah, like I hadn't calculated that already. I calculated that before I knew for sure that I was pregnant. And my first appointment will be with her (oh, joy!) at around 8 weeks. My appointment is May 25th. I can't wait. Then I have an appointment with Dr. B at about 12 weeks (or at least I did when I had my daughter, and I don't think that things have changed).

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Physically, that is. I'm having very little morning sickness, and it falls about the same time that it did with my daughter (5:00 PM or so). It's not very bad (I know that I'm going to eat those words within 3 weeks), and I'm handling it tolerably well. I feel dizzy sometimes, and I occasionally get headaches. The headaches I know are from dehydration. I've got to drink more water. Gotta make that effort. I have a heightened sense of smell, but that's not unusal for me when I'm not pregnant, but I work at a university, and, well, college boys don't necessarily shower everyday.....and they should.

Emotionally, I'm happy. I'm scared. I'm thrilled. I'm terrified. I'm nervous. I'm anxious. I'm elated. Well, I'm pregnant, so I can have all of those emotions in the space of .001 seconds. And I do.

I haven't checked what's on Oprah tomorrow morning early. Maybe there's a baby show.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

So when is your due date? I am so happy for you :)

Sasha@Pw said...

Sounds like everything is going well! Minus the stinky college boys and lack of water. ;)