Thursday, May 19, 2005

Oprah

Do you remember the cockroach that was grossing me out the other day? The one that was there on Monday after they had sprayed over the weekend? It’s still there! Which means our bathroom hasn’t been cleaned since at least Monday. Ewwwww….

Well, since my husband left this morning, it was
Oprah time for me. The show was about being the fat kid in the family. The first 2 people were twin sisters where one weighed 120 lbs (Ruth), and the other one weighed 420 lbs (Mary). If I was Mary, I would have smacked my 120lb sister. Ruth went to Walmart with Mary and was looking at underwear (note to self: never go underwear shopping on national TV). Ruth was making fun of her sister. I was horrified. Oprah got her to admit that, in reality, she didn’t want her sister to lose weight. It would change the dynamic of the relationship. Personally, I thought that Mary was the prettier of the two. They were identical twins (I think), so they had the same facial features, but I thought Mary had a much prettier look (maybe less makeup?).

And they also had this father who was pushing his daughter to be thin (she was overweight, but I didn’t think she looked that bad). He admitted that she wasn’t good enough the way she was. He keeps telling her that she needs to be more like her sister. That was the problem with the first sisters as well. Their mother had always introduced Ruth as the pretty one.

How does someone do that to their kids? I only have one, but I think I can love the next one just as much. How awful to feel that you never measure up to your sister! I thought it was sickening. I hope my children never feel that way. I'm sure that I will ruin them in many other ways.

No comments: