Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Joys of Being Pregnant

This morning I threw up at my daughter's daycare. Yeah. Highly embarrassing. I had just dropped her off, and I was feeling pretty nauseaus from the minute I stepped out of the car. I hurried her down the hall to her classroom, dropped her quickly, and started back down the hall. I knew I wasn't going to make it back to my car. The only bathroom that isn't a kid's potty training bathroom (or at least the only one that I know of) is connected to the main office. I was literally sprinting back down the hallway afraid I wasn't going to make it. The assistant director said, jokingly, "Slow down," followed quickly by, "Are you going to be sick?" Well, duh! I made it to the bathroom. Barely. Just barely.

I hate being sick. It is just an awful feeling, you know? This is the first time that I've actually thrown up with this pregnancy. What a great milestone. I'm nauseaus a lot. I hate that feeling, too.

On a completely unrelated note, how does one get a gmail account? I've heard that they are all the rage. I want one, but if you go to google, it tells you that gmail is experimental and that you have to check back when they decide to make it completely public. So how do some people have them already?

Thanks for the encouragement to see if I can get the same nurse. I'll think about it. I might jokingly bring it up to my OB and judge his reaction. He might encourage me to do that or know how I can go about doing it.

The problem is that my OB likes to induce his patients at 38 weeks. So, with my due date of January 7th, 38 weeks falls at, oh, yeah, Christmas (actually, 38 weeks exactly is Christmas Eve, but there is no OB who is going to induce on Christmas Eve especially since it's a Saturday). So, I will most likely have the baby the week after Christmas. I'm hoping. Because I would really like the extra tax credit. I don't want to try for the first baby born in the new year. That doesn't help my tax return. Of course, that is all dependent on whether or not I am induced. My daughter decided to come on her own at 37w1d. That was nice. I could do that again. Let's see. 37w1d for this little bugger would be Sunday, December 18th. I guess we'll see when that time comes. Right now, I'm just working through the morning sickness.

Well, we're going to see my in-laws over the weekend. Actually, we'll stay through next Wednesday or so. That should be fun. My husband's grandmother (does that make her my grandmother-in-law?) will be there. It will be good to see her again. I don't know whether or not we are going to tell them about Baby #2. I guess we'll see how it goes. So far, the only people who know are my husband and I and my husband's boss (so that he doesn't start to wonder why we're not moving yet). We are kind of afraid to tell our parents because we want to be prepared beforehand. Meaning, we need a plan of action before we start the lectures on how we can't afford to have another baby. We've basically got this worked out. It might come out this weekend, it might not. I'm not showing enough to make it necessary. I just look fat right now. :) We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Melody said...

My daughter was the first baby of 1989 in both my town and my county...didn't help me on the taxes either.
I believe that if everyone waited until they could afford to have children that there would be very few in this world.

Alison said...

If I knew I would get something really cool out of it such as a new car or house or something, well, I could forgo the tax benefit. However, that would mean that I could definitely be the first to give birth -- I don't want to have to beat up other women in the maternity ward to make sure they don't deliver before me, and that they would actually give out a great prize like that. If I remember correctly, around here, you usually win a gift basket or something. At least give me a year's worth of diapers or something. :)

Anonymous said...

I can send you a gmail invite if you want one. Just email me and I will. On a side note, I hate the sick days of preganacy. My favorite time was always 4-7 months. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Angie, from "It's a Wilson Thing"

Kirsten said...

I know how bad the morning sickness can be....I had it for almost 6 months! Hang in there! My doc gave me unisom and B6, it really helped so at least I could sleep without puking!