Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Just A Few Minutes Before I Leave Work....

Well, there is something worse than the dead cockroaches in the bathroom. Dying, twitching cockroaches in the same corner. I'm betting money that custodial won't have to gone tonight. Let's see...it's Tuesday...gone by....my guess is Friday when I call it in and complain. Sorry, I can't stand to see the dead things in the bathroom.

Well, I've heard and read so many great things about slings that I want one now for when this baby gets here. Actually, I'd love to see what my daughter thought of it. Anything to help easy the pressure on my back from carrying her would be a godsend. So, I've come up with the great idea to make one. Yeah. I can't sew.* We'll see how this goes. I can order the rings online, and then I can choose any fabric I want. How hard can it be, right? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. It's okay. My mother can sew, so she can fix anything I screw up. She won't let her grandchild be in an unsafe sling, so I can probably just get her to make it.

*Actually, I took a class, and I can sew a little (a button here, a button there, straight lines), but I've never been very good at it.

5 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

Wow you're more ambitious than I am! I simply bought a sling.

Melody said...

Good luck with the sewing. You know those little sewing kits that are left in the bathrooms at hotels...well that was all I had for about 15 years after I got married. I now have a real sewing kit....it rarely gets opened.

Rosa* said...

I love to sew! Unfortunatly... it's mostly decorative and not functional. IE: cross-stitch, embroidery, etc. I can manage buttons, repairs, and hems when pressured though. :)

Sarah A said...

Hey, thanks for reading my blog! And sewing, you are ahead of me there. I can do straight lines (and even successful corners sometimes!) but not buttons yet. I'd love to learn to sew more. I don't think I'd be ambitious enough to make clothes, but I'd love to make pillows and curtains and duvet covers, etc. You know, because I have LOADS of spare time in which to sew. Yep. That'll happen.

Unknown said...

Nasty disgusting cockroaches. Yuck. I hate them too. When it rains alot here, we get them in the house sometimes. BLAH!

I am SO not good at sewing. I admire your bravery in making your own sling! I'd fork out the money - not so crafty here :).