Tuesday, June 28, 2005

If You're Tired Of....

Looking at the cartoon meme, you're in luck.

I took my daughter swimming on Sunday. Cody's parent's pool was finally warm enough to swim in, so Mom and I took the little princess to go swimming. I was prepared for the worst. After all, my daughter has only gone "swimming" in a little wading pool. And that was a year ago. So, putting her in a pool where she could actually go underwater was going to be different. I thought for sure she wouldn't be too fond of it. Since I like swimming, my plan is to go swimming quite a bit this summer, so I figured she would eventually get used to it.

I got in first. Mom handed my daughter to me over the edge, and I tried to let her slowly adjust to the cooler water. She didn't need any adjustment, she was excited to be in the water. When Cody's mom brought out the little floating ring, I put her in it. That supported her upper body. I held her hands, and she had a great time kicking the water and splashing and making her way around the pool. We played for about 45 minutes, and then I decided it was time to get out. I got out of the water, got her towel, and went back to get her from my mom. My daughter wasn't ready to get out. If she could swim, she would have tried to escape from me. She kept saying, "No, mama, no!"

Except it sounded more like, "N-n-n-n-n-o-o-o-o-o-o, Ma-m-ma, n-n-n-n-o-o-o-o-o!" because her little teeth were chattering. I told her when she was shivering that badly it was time to get out. And since I'm still bigger, I still get to call the shots.

So, she got out, and we played in the yard and fed the fish. When the moved in, Cody's parents cleaned up the existing fish pond. They put feeder goldfish in it. These little fish that you get in the pet store for next to nothing and are about an inch long have turned into 6-8 inch long monsters. I can't belive they grow that big, but my daughter had a great time throwing food at to them.

In other news, I felt the baby kick. Yes, I know I'm only 12 weeks, 3 days, but that was a kick. It was yesterday morning before I got out of bed. It was really strong (no gas pains or indigestion), so the baby must have jumped clear across my uterus or something. It only happened once. Too bad. I can't wait until the little bugger is really active (I'm sure I'll eat those words later!).


Other than that, I'm just really tired. I could sleep 15 hours a day if I didn't have to go to work.

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

I could sleep 15 hours a day if I didn't have to go to work.

I hear you! I had the day off work yesterday, and slept in until 11:30am. But then by about 2:00 I was tired again, so I slept again for an hour. It sounds like alot of sleep, but it doesn't feel like it! I've never been so tired in my life. :o)

Amanda said...

I remember taking Julia swimming for the first time. She loved it! She now swims on her own so keep it up and your little one will be a swimming fool :) Yeah about the baby kicking and I am sure with the second one you fell everything a lot faster :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad she likes to swim! Later in your pregnancy when you feel big, the weightlessness of the water is awesome!!

I felt my daughter moving (she's my second) much sooner than my son, so I'm sure you're right about feeling little bean!

Rosa* said...

Yep, you probably did feel baby move...and yep, you probably will be eating your words later. Right now I wish mine would STOP moving quite so much! Strangly enough, even though this is my third pregnacy, I am not getting nearly as big as I did with my second one. SO...when tries to swim Olypic sized pool laps in a backyard sized pool..it hurts!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that swim sounds so cute. And congrats on the kicking baby - how great! Your whole post made me want to go jump in a pool right now! It is so hot and sticky here, ugh. Can't wait until the holiday weekend when we can go swimming in my grandma's pool - yay!

Elise
Fish out of water

Amanda said...

Hey- have a great 4th of July weekend!

Anonymous said...

Pregnancy always wears me out and I did it five times! Rest as much as you need to and don't forget to have fun!