Monday, June 13, 2005

Update

Not much to report. I am 10 weeks, 2 days. I have another doctor's appointment next Tuesday. At that point, we should hear the heartbeat. I can't wait.

The morning sickness seems to be going away slowly (knock on wood). I have decided that much of my morning sickness is psychosomatic (I feel certain that I misspelled that). Anyway, my problems seem to occur getting in and out of a car (putting a toddler in the car, for example). Also, I feel the need to gag if I get more than 2 feet from my bottle of water. And if I don't get to my water quickly, the gagging starts and won't stop. But, if I can get to my water, I can usually take a few deep breaths and drink some water and relax. So, I obsessively carry water with me wherever I go.


I'm starting to look pregnant instead of just fat. Yay! I was hoping that happened soon. Next Wednesday, I'm wearing maternity clothes to work. They may look big, but they are much more comfortable than the stuff that doesn't fit quite right anymore. I can hold out until then. After my appointment next Tuesday, I am going to tell the two women that I work with (one of them is my direct supervisor). Then I will sit back and see how long it takes for the information to make its way through the grapevine. My guess is that everyone will know within 48 hours. And those that don't are way out of the loop.

Tonight is potato skin night. Which means that I am making potato skins for my husband and something else for me because I don't eat potato skins when I'm not pregnant, and it's all that I can do to make them for him when I am. Well, it's almost time to go. I guess I'll get the Michael Jackson verdict on the radio on my way home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny about telling people. I told one or two people and just waited to see what happened. I think, somewhere around 24 weeks, a few people looked at me and said "Are you pregnant?"

I was like, man are you slow. Hope you feel better soon.

Sasha@Pw said...

Pregnant not fat -- woohoo! ;)

Melody said...

I was so afraid that people wouldn't be able to tell that I was pregnant...and not JUST fat. Didn't end up being a problem...I got HUGE!

You've been tagged. Hope you enjoy it.

Rosa* said...

I know the feeling. My husband is great about reminding me that "the baby is getting fat...you're not. " :) BTW, what are potato skins? Er..I know what they are..but how do you make them edible? LOL