Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Part 2 of 2

Dana tagged me yesterday with a clever meme.

The Rules:
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place
Add your blog's name in the #5 spot
Link to each of the other blogs (if you want to increase their "traffic" and thus your own).
Finally, add 5 new blogs/links to take part in the meme!
*Note: You will NOT be shot if you choose not to participate. :)TAG! You're IT!

1.
www.marriedinminnesota.com
2.
http://sillyoldbear.blogspot.com
3.
http://blogs.salon.com/0003522
4.
http://www.patiastephens.com
5.
http://www.motherswork.blogspot.com/

Name your 5 favorite cartoons that you watched as a kid and give a brief description or character listing of each!

Okay, I must say that at first I couldn't even think of five. Then I started thinking a little harder, and then the memories started coming in.

These are in no particular order.

1.
Inspector Gadget. When I first started elementary school, I rode the bus. The bus would arrive right around 7:30. Dad would stay with me until the bus arrived and then go to work. Inspector Gadget came on at 7:00. We could usually watch the entire episode before the bus arrived.

2. After about 2 years of Inspector Gadget, Dad and I were appalled to find out that it had been replaced with
Dennis the Menace. Gone was my favorite Go-go-Gadget-arms (umbrella, skates, etc.). It had been replaced with a young kid causing problems for his neighbors.

3. Then, just when we were getting used to Dennis, they replaced him with
Heathcliff. That was never one of my favorites. But, it was something to watch.

4. Then, they put in
The Super Mario Brothers Super Show. This was about half cartoon, half bad acting on the part of the actors playing Mario and Luigi. They had this horrible theme song (I'll be sitting here singing, "Hooked on the brothers...." all afternoon now) and did some even worse dancing. Ahh, the memories.

5. Who can forget the
Smurfs? I mean really, little blue people. Classic.

6. I also watched
Alvin and the Chipmonks. This was basically Dennis the Menace with chipmonks. Their Christmas song is still one of my favorites. They also had some movie where they were in hot air balloons against the girl chipmonks.

7. Another one I watched a lot was the
Thundercats. Oh, yeah. Classic TV there. Thunder....thunder...thundercats! I remember there was an eposide where Liono somehow became a baby (I can't remember how). At one point, he was trying to do something and couldn't. "Liono too little." We laughed about that one for a long time.

8. Obviously, more people than I thought had heard of
Jem. But, have you heard of Seabert the Seal? Huh? My grandmother would send tapes to my brother and I (I think it was on HBO or a channel we didn't get). Seabert was a seal who would go around trying to take care of all the environmental problems in the world. I especially remember one where Seabert and his friends went to Africa to deal with elephant poachers. That's the only one that I still know all the words to the theme song.

Seabert the Seal is on his way!
Seabert the Seal is here to stay!
Whenever things go wrong,
He'll always come along!
Let's hear it for Seabert! Hooray!

9.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The original not the stuff that passes for mutant ninja turtles on current Saturday morning TV.

So, let's see. I tag the following. Please remember that you will not be shot if you choose not to participate. :)

1. Heather --
Was That My Out-Loud Voice?
2. Sarah --
The Blair Identity
3. Melody --
Mels Life In A Nutshell
4. Elise --
Fish Out of Water
5. Amanda --
The Mommy Files

Have fun. I did. I found
this website to be most helpful in jarring my memory.

I would also like to add The Jetsons, the Flinstones, and Looney Tunes (but not the Tiny Toons -- couldn't stand them!). Really, who didn't watch those? :)

4 comments:

Rosa* said...

Ooh... I forgot about Heathcliff and Thundercats. I LOVED Heathcliff! Especially the cats that lived in the junkyard...remember them?

Melody said...

thanks for the tag..i'll have to give that some thought.

Sasha@Pw said...

Ahhh Smurfs! Can't beat them. They still come on sometimes...can't remember which channel. Loved Inspector Gadget, hated Heathcliff!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I've been searching for Seabert for years. Never found out what it was called until today! Thanks for the post!