Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4th of July

We had a good trip to visit my grandparents in Oklahoma for our 4th of July. My parents, my daughter, and I crammed into their little Saturn. In all fairness, it's not that little, but if you're riding in the back seat and you put the car seat in the middle of the back seat, it makes for a very uncomfortable ride.

My dad's brothers were there as well and brought their families. So, now everyone knows that I'm having a baby. At least none of them seemed to think I was carrying twins (my parents won't quit with the jokes).

My daugher was a doll. So precious and sweet. They have no idea what she is really like. We got her a little wading pool, and once she drenched me with the hose, I just got in the pool with her. What is better than a cool pool on a 100 degree day? Nothing I can think of.

Sorry for the absence. Work has been busy and they actually expect me to work. I mean, really. The nerve. So kidding. I don't want to get dooced or anything. Actually, I love being busy at work. The day just flies by, and I feel so important.

I'm hungry. And I just ate. The hunger just doesn't turn off at all. I'm going to gain a ton of weight. I'm always hungry, and I eat as often as I feel up to it.

Almost time to go.....I'll try to post more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good time!! And that everyone now knows the good news :)

Rosa* said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. Oh, and just wait until you have a carseat on each end of the car and you have to try to squeeze your butt in the middle! LOL *Note: that also means you have to go in through the front of the car and crawl over the center console! LOL