Thursday, March 31, 2005

Pity Party (Read at your own risk!)

Talk happiness. The world is sad enough without your woe. No path is wholly rough.
Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850-1919)

I'm in a funk today. Don't worry, I don't expect it to last for long, but I am feeling consumed by it at present. I'm pretty sure that I'm not pregnant (which isn't, I guess, necessarily a bad thing considering circumstances). I guess the coming days could prove me wrong, but I think that I'll start early next week. Oh, joy. I can't tell you how excited I am.

My husband might have found a house for us to rent! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My daughter woke up 4 times last night. That's right, four! I don't know what to do with her anymore (about sleep, that is). I've even considered giving her back the pacifier, but I have rejected the idea because I'll eventually have to take it away again, so why put myself through that twice, you know? It's only bad because when we stay at my parents house, we stay in the same room. That means that when she wakes up and just kind of wimpers, guess who else wakes up. If you said, "Mommy (or anything like that)," you win the prize! Let's tell them what they've won, Johnny. A lovely night in the same room with my daughter. Johnny, that's not much of a prize.

So, here I am. Tired. Bored to tears. Ready to go home. Where I have to clean and feed the dogs before heading out to my parents house. Where I will sit and mope while they take care of my daughter. And then I'll feel guilty for letting them do that and not doing anything. Come to think of it, if the choice of prize is between spending the night with me or my daughter, I would choose her hands down. Hopefully, tomorrow's post won't be quite so pathetic. Maybe my pity party will be over.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am sorry that you are in a funk. I am also sorry that you may not be pregnant (we can still hope a little) Julia did the same waking up thing for a while. We didn't have a nightlight in her room and when we put one there it helped a lot. I am sending good vibes your way and hugs too!

Sasha@Pw said...

I hope hope that tomorrow is a better day.