Monday, March 28, 2005

Here Comes Peter Cottontail...

Hoppin' down the bunny trail!
Hippity, hoppity, Easter's on its way!
Steve Nelson and Jack Rollins


Well, I guess Easter's not on its way -- it has come and gone. We spent Easter afternoon at my parents house where my daughter hunted for Easter eggs in the backyard.

She was a natural. We didn't really even have to explain to her what to do; she's just naturally such a little neat freak that she went and got the eggs and started throwing them in the basket. And when I say throwing, I don't mean just dropping them gently into her basket. She was literally throwing the eggs into her basket (a few of them were broken when we were through). Of course, a few times she missed and the egg would hit the ground with a resounding thud! But, she had a good time and did not want to go in for fear that she had missed a few. I, being the great Easter bunny that I am, knew that she had picked up all of them. We had good food (with deviled eggs, of course) and a good time.

Of course, last night I slept horribly, so I'm exhausted today. I just couldn't go to sleep, and then when I did manage to get to sleep it was only for a few minutes before something would wake me up. Needless to say, it was a long night. Then, of course, my daughter decides that 5 AM is a perfectly acceptable time to wake up. Uh, no! I don't think so! So, I never really went back to sleep after that, and I am dragging through my day at work which ends in exactly 12 1/2 minutes.


Couple that with the PMS I'm having (worse than usual -- headaches, backaches, my hips ache, everything aches!), and well, I'm not a lot of fun to be around today. My poor husband only gets to see me for part of the week, and I'm not feeling well, so I'm going to try to grin and bear it and act like I'm doing fine. He'll see right through it, appreciate me making the effort, and treat me all the better. I love him.

3 comments:

overactive-imagination said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! Yay! We did too.
I miss the easter egg hunts. Thank goodness I have young nieces and nephews to hid eggs for.
My oldest daughter was a neat freak too. At her first birthday party, she ate with a fork, we had to smear cake on her face to get "good" 1st b-day pics.
Have a good week
Dawn

Sasha@Pw said...

Well maybe she will be a great pitcher with that kind of arm. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, she sounds so cute with her basket and eggs.

I hope you sleep better tonight!

Elise