Thursday, March 03, 2005

A Father's Pictures

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
Author Unknown

Well, we finally got our tax return in (which was a big mess, but that's a whole different story). My husband and I went to run a few necessary errands (meaning we went to Walmart to get diapers before we had to start potty-training for lack of said diapers).

We went to Circuit City to buy a movie that he's been wanting to see. While we were in Walmart, he had asked me if I needed anything. I said, "Yeah, a haircut (because yes, I very much need a haircut) and a digital camera (because I would like one, but it's not a necessity by any means)." So, after about 15 minutes of waiting in the parking lot of Circuit City while he "ran" in, I had run out of songs to sing to my daughter (which is saying something because she knows a lot of songs). I was starting to get a little annoyed at how long it was taking him. When he finally appeared, he had a bag that was way too big for just a simple DVD.

He bought me a digital camera.

We had earmarked those funds for some things that he needed for work, but he told me that he could get what he needed much cheaper, and he knew that the digital camera would get a lot more use. And, yes, I was PMSing enough to be crying because it was so sweet. So, of course, now I have to take lots and lots of pictures. And someone was telling me about digital scrapbooking, so I'll have to look into that as well. I can't wait. The batteries should be charged when I get home.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a keeper to me! Isn't it great when they do the unexpected?