Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thanks for the help....

with my Kindergarten question. I guess I just need to hear that it doesn't matter which way we go, she'll do fine. I am a June birthday and started when I was 5, but school was different back then (listen to me say that like I'm 80 years old or something). I'm scared at what kids have to do in school now. I didn't do homework in high school, so the thought of having a child in elementary school bringing home homework is a little scary. At least I can still handle the math at that level.

Miss Priss appears to be coming down with a cold again. I knew I shouldn't have let her touch anything in the doctor's office. I even let her go to the bathroom. I should be glad she only has a cold. Baby Boo appears to be doing well after her shots, so that's good. If she breaks out in a rash in about a week, please remind me that the doctor said that sometimes happen with the MMR shot and not to worry (unless it lasts more than 48 hours). I probably won't remember that's what caused it when we get to that point and will freak out.

I'm working on a blanket for Hubby. It's a blanket made from knitted squares sewn together (like a quilt). My grandmother made one for all of her grandchildren except the youngest two* before she died. I think it was really important to her that we have them. I love mine, and when I cuddle up with it, I can feel her love. So, since Hubby is always trying to steal it, I told him I would make him his own. His will be different in that it will be 4 squares by 5 squares rather than 4 squares by 4 squares like mine is.

*Both cousins did get a blanket. My aunt and mother finished the blanket for the older brother that my grandmother was working on when she died, and they used squares that my grandmother had made and had leftover that she didn't fit into any other blankets to make one for the other.

I'm trying to get Hubby's blanket finished (after I finish the square I'm working on, I'll be halfway done) so that I can make one for my cousin. She is due with her first baby in July. Both families are not hurting moneywise and they have lots of friends, so buying them a gift will get lost in the shuffle. So, I thought that my grandmother would be happy to know that her tradition will be carried on to her great-grandchildren. I will make blankets for my girls as well. And (unless any of my cousins goes off and has a family with more children than I can keep up with), I will make them as gifts for all new babies. At least that's the plan. LOL So, I've got to get Hubby's blanket done (I've been working on it on and off since October) so that I have plenty of time to make a blanket for my cousin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Homework starts in kindergarten - hard to believe but true. It's only about 15 minutes worth, I think more to get them in the habit then anything else, but still! And you should see the report cards - holy cow.

I am SO not crafty so I'm envious! I think its a fabulous idea to make the blankets. Gifts they can keep and then hand down to their kids.