Monday, January 22, 2007

Off to the doctor....

for Baby Boo's one year checkup -- only about a month late. I'm getting better -- I was 3 months late last time. :)

And, wouldn't you know it? She fell yesterday and scraped up her eye and got a bruise. I love taking injured kids to the doctor. I'll tell her what happened. If I have a doctor who doesn't understand that cuts and bruises happen to a little one (especially one who is barely walking), I need a new pediatrician. I'm not too worried about it. I don't think they'll think I'm abusing her since it looks like she scraped it on a sidewalk. The little pumpkin faceplanted herself into the sidewalk yesterday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Owwie! Poor kid! I get the same way about when the kids go out with black eyes and such thinking someone is going to think we're beating up on them. I think most people who have been parents though know better though.

Hope the appointment went well!

Anonymous said...

Aw, poor sweetie. We had lots of faceplants with ours when she was learning to walk. Once she fell backward off the bottom step, grabbed hold of a space heater that was sitting there (NOT turned on, we're not that bad), and it fell over on top of her. She ended up with a big red scrape right on her nose!

But the worse have been the scratches from other kids at day care. She got scratched on the face at least six months ago and the red mark is still there. When I saw it, it looked pretty superficial, so I just left it alone. I guess I should have put neosporin or something on it. Bad mommy!

Elise