Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Did anyone watch...

the new NBC show where they're casting the leads of Grease? I hate to admit that I even watched it, but I did, and I'll probably watch more. I was just getting used to being down to just a few shows that I love and don't miss. It seems like the list is so long anymore.

These are the shows that have a "Record All Episodes" marker in my DVR*:
1.
Two And A Half Men -- This show grew on me. I never watched it until a few months ago when Hubby and I had it on while we were getting the girls ready for bed. We started recording a few episodes, and now it has it's own timer.
2.
Scrubs -- I have loved this one from the beginning. There are times where it gets more dramatic than I like in my comedy shows, but I love it. We actually have bought the seasons as they've come out on DVD.
3.
The Office -- Hubby thinks this show is so-so, but he doesn't work in an office, so I think a lot of humor is lost on him. I love this show and watch it every week.
4.
My Name Is Earl -- Hubby and I decided from the previews that we were just white trash enough to enjoy this show. We were right.
5.
The War At Home -- This will be Hubby and I in a few years when our children are older. And I love how they show the running dialog in people's heads.
6.
'Til Death -- Is there something wrong about the fact that Hubby and I relate more to the couple who've been married 20 years than the newlyweds? We're closer to newlyweds than 20 years.
7. Top Chef -- I started watching this to fill in the time after Project Runway ended. I really like watching this show, but it always makes me hungry. LOL
8.
Project Runway -- My all time favorite reality show. I can't wait for the next season to start.

*I record everything because I can't stand to watch commercials. I know that if the show is an hour long, I can start watching about 20 minutes in, and I'll catch up by the end because I can fast forward through commercials.

Okay, so tell me I'm not the only one who watches too much TV.

4 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

I watch way to much tv also.
I LOVE scrubs, the office, project runway, real world road rules, Lost and king of queens

Unknown said...

I watch WAY too much tv...the only one on your list that I watch (surprisingly enough!) is PR - but you knew that I think ;-)! I can't wait for season 4 either! I totally record everything too.

Other shows I TOTALLY love: Lost, 24 (starts this weekend - this is the only show hubby watches with me!), Greys Anatomy, PR, Survivor, Amazing Race, Ugly Betty, House, Numbers, Desperate Housewives, Studio 60 (just started watching this - recorded the whole season so far.) I also have The Nine and Heroes DVRd but haven't started watching them yet ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love how TiVo saves me time! I don't have to watch all the ads. Of course, it's also great for keeping those tv shoes for the kids to use for bribery and last resorts..

Anonymous said...

We love Top Chef! Project Runway runs a close second. We are big food types so we are totally into Top Chef. Sometimes I wish they would spend a little more time showing how the contestants create their meals - I'm especially amazed at the way they throw together such beautiful stuff so fast for the quickfire challenges. We don't watch a lot of regular shows - most of our TV watching is fairly ad hoc or involves sporting events - but Top Chef is one we always try to remember to watch (esp since we don't have DVR anymore, sadly).

Elise