Thursday, December 27, 2007

Work, work, work.....

I'm the only one in my office this week (which was approved before I became supervisor). New rule: not everyone can take off at the same time unless Alison isn't there to handle the fallout and all the extra work to cover for everyone being gone. That goes well with my rule on the thermostat. If Alison's hot, we turn on the air conditioner, and if Alison's cold, we turn on the heat. And since our thermostat has a lock box on it, guess who has the key? Mwahahahahahaha Okay that's not really the rule. If I start feeling hot, I ask the rest of the people in my office if they're hot and adjust the thermostat accordingly. So far, so good. One of these days, they will not be hot when I am, and I'll have to be sneaky in changing the thermostat. Just kidding. Kind of.

The new year is upon us (almost), so it's New Year's Resolution that I will not keep time! I'm working on a few. Topping the list is the obvious need to get in shape. I'm phrasing it differently (like that will help). Instead of "lose weight," I'm going to get in shape. Maybe I'll go see my doctor to set some goals. Realistic ones like - blood pressure down. This one is tough since I can't get an accurate reading. The Walmart machine always comes out kind of high, but I do all my shopping with two children in tow who have to touch absolutely everything, so it might be a little skewed. Also, there's the good ol' going to exercise more resolution. I'm going to have to be more specific to actually make that one stick. And instead of rewards, I think I'm going to have to create some sort of consequence plan. Still working on that one.

On a more fun resolution note, I'm doing a challenge with a book club I'm in (it's an online book club - don't worry, I haven't suddenly become a social person or anything). You read through the alphabet. You read a book by an author for each letter of the alphabet. For example, I plan to read Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich when it comes out in June (just in time for my birthday!). I can either use the J or the E and cross that off my list. I think it will be fun and I'm hoping to read through the alphabet twice (just 'cause I'm an overachiever like that).

No comments: