Monday, December 17, 2007

She did great!

She didn't run off the stage or anything crazy like that. LOL Miss Priss sang the songs and did the hand motions and even smiled once in a while. She did spend the first part chewing on her sleeve, but hey, if that's the worst thing she does when she's nervous, she's not doing too bad for a 4 year old.

The singing was followed by a party in her classroom. Baby Boo walked right in like she owned the place, and both of Miss Priss's teacher told me they couldn't wait to have Baby Boo in their class.

I spent the time in the corner watching Baby Boo walk all over the place and Miss Priss keeping up with her to make sure she wasn't getting into trouble. I guess it's no wonder my daughter is shy considering her genetics. I barely talked to anyone. I just feel like an outsider at events at her preschool. I think it's because I'm the only working mother. Her class meets from 9 - 2, so most working parents couldn't make those hours. And since the mothers sit and talk while waiting for the kids, they plan other things during the week when I'm at work. Miss Priss isn't excluded at all (in fact, quite the opposite, she gets invited to everything), but it's weird. I don't think I'm excluded so much as I'm not included. And that's probably in many ways by choice. I'm on the email list for playdates and stuff, but unless it's a birthday party on the weekend, it's not likely that I'm going to attend. Just my mother in law and the girls (and Baby Boo gets invited to everything too - Miss Priss isn't the only one with younger siblings).

I guess I'm just in a feel sorry for myself mood today. I need a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I'm glad the concert went well! It's good to see you back!

learp17 said...

I missed my 4-year-old's winter concert this year because I misread the date. Boy was I bummed! I am so glad to hear yours went so well.

Also please allow me to be shocked that you are the only working mom in your daughter's class - wow! I don't know that many SAHM's so that is amazing to me. But I guess there are both kinds of moms out there.

I know what you mean about the shyness, it has taken me a long time to get over mine, and I've somehow managed to include myself most times. But I sometimes do hang out in the corner that same way and figure, eh, I'll just stand here by myself.