Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Update

I lost 1.2 lbs last week which is, of course, much more consistent with what I was doing last year when I was losing weight. I think the 3 lbs was a fluke (probably brought on by my monthly visitor and all the water weight she brings with her). So, I am hoping to lost about that this week.

I’m doing pretty well. I’m still eating all the same food that I love, but I have just significantly cut back on portion sizes. It was hard for a few days, but now it’s easier. My stomach seems to get full faster.

Now I need to work on drinking more water. That’s the story of my life – I’ve never been good at drinking enough water (except when I’m pregnant, and even then it’s forced for the good of the baby), and I got some of the little things from Walmart to put in bottled water. But, of course, I left those at home.

I also got some
100 Calorie Oreo Bars. This helps satisfy my mid-afternoon craving for something sweet without buying a million calorie candy bar from the store downstairs. They’re not full fat oreos by any means, but they’ll suffice.

So, if I actually add more exercise into my time, I should be doing even better. I’m trying to lose 10 lbs before we go on vacation (and I’ve lost 4.2 already) in July. And my goal is not to gain in those 2 weeks (I can’t hope to lose, but no gain would be good). I think I’ll easily make my goal, and I realistically think I can keep from gaining. We eat out too much (well, we pick up from fast food places and take it home), but I’m getting much better about making choices when I eat out. Since I avoid caffeine, there are no choice for drinks that aren’t full of calories and sugar, so I usually get a lemonade and give that to the girls and get myself a caffeine free diet drink that I have on hand at home. I skip fries or chips and just get a sandwich or burger or a salad if they look appetizing (with very little dressing – have you seen how many calories those little packs of salad dressing have in them?!)

So, I’m hopeful that I’ll actually be losing weight again soon. And this time for good.

No comments: