Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Sisters

It’s funny how very different two children from the same parents can be. While they have their similarities, my girls are so unlike each other in so many ways. Miss Priss is shy, anxious, and introverted. Yet, she has a heart of gold and will pretty much do as she’s told (most days). Baby Boo is much more outgoing and easy-going. I don’t think she’ll be the super-outgoing belle of the ball type, but she’s definitely more outgoing than her sister. And she’s stubborn. Miss Priss is stubborn in her own way, but Baby Boo is openly defiant even at 16 months. She will be a handful for years to come.

We had a nice thunderstorm last night. I love thunderstorms (as long as there are no tornadoes). I love the rain and the wind and the lightning. I love it all. When the thunder started, Hubby and I thought it would be less than five minutes before Miss Priss joined us in our bed. As it turned out, 7 minutes later, there was a very close bolt of lightning that killed all the lights in our complex and the thunder was so loud that it made us jump. I immediately got out of bed and headed down the hall because there was no way that the girls slept through that. Hubby had a flashlight next to the bed and was right behind me (thankfully, too, since the girls had left a minefield of toys). We gave Miss Priss her little flashlight and told them to go back to sleep (the lights were already back on). Then we watched her play with the flashlight for a good 15 minutes before going to sleep. LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They definitely have different personalities. I don't know about you, but I really noticed the differences from the get go. They're like real little people! ;-)