Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Graduation Comparison

It’s been almost 10 years since I graduated from high school (in a small town). Here is the comparison between my graduate and my sister-in-law’s graduation that we attended yesterday.

Length:
Mine: 2 hours
SIL’s: Just under 2 hours

Number of Graduates:
Mine: 45 (yes, it still took 2 hours!)
SIL’s: over 1200

Number of Cliché, Idealistic, and (let’s face it) Crappy Valedictory Speeches:
Mine: 1 (given by yours truly)
SIL’s: None – their valedictorian was hilarious and gave a great speech

Number of Children I Had To Keep In Line During Graduation:
Mine: Um, none
SIL’s: 2. Two cranky kids who did not want to sit still. Baby Boo kept throwing her pacifier at the man in front of us, and Miss Priss kept asking for more snacks out of my purse (good thing I packed a lot).

We did get to skip out early after my SIL had walked across the stage and gotten her diploma (or her paper that said, “Congratulations, blah, blah, blah, here’s some quotes, blah, blah, blah, pick up your diploma beginning May 31st, blah, blah, blah). That way we avoided traffic and another hour of watching people slowly get up make their way to the front and walk across the stage and back to their seat.

And I think long straight hair is very “in” with the teenage crowd. Just a guess since practically every girl who graduated had long straight hair.

No comments: