Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Baby's First Christmas

My grandmother is a little strange sometimes. Ever since her children started having children, she would buy a Hallmark baby's first Christmas ornament -- one for her tree and one for the parents of said grandchild's tree. When her first great-grandchild was born, she continued the tradition. Then Miss Priss was born, so she got one for her, my parents, and us. Well, as you know Baby Boo's birthday is quite close to Christmas, so last year even though I told her not to bother, she got Christmas ornaments for Baby's First Christmas 2005. Let me stop here to point out that I had a cousin who was born on Christmas Eve, so she felt the need to be prepared. The one for her tree doesn't match the one she gave his parents because she couldn't find two that were alike. So, to solve that problem, she bought 3 for 2005. So, instead of returning them and getting 3 more for 2006, she decided that we could all just "paint over the date." I found this highly annoying at the time, but I figured it was the pregnancy hormones talking. However, a year later, I still found myself annoyed that my baby girl wasn't worth getting the correct Baby's First Christmas Ornament. Everyone else had the right one, and I don't want to explain to Baby Boo when she's 10 years old that she has the wrong one because great-grandma didn't feel that she was worth buying the right one for.

Yes, this is all leading somewhere......

I got home yesterday to mac and cheese for dinner (my favorite) and a present from Hubby. He bought a Hallmark Baby's First Christmas Ornament for Baby Boo. I had been moping silently about it for a couple of days, but he knew how much I wanted it and got it more for me than for her. I knew there was a good reason I married him......


Picture from: http://www.hallmarkplace.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1625

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things that matter so much. What a sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things that matter so much. What a sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things that matter so much. What a sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things that matter so much. What a sweet guy.

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry. I hate Blogger sometimes.

Unknown said...

That is SO sweet. What a good hubby you have there!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you got your ornament. My problem with my little one was Babys 1st anything clothing. She was so big by Christmas that it was impossible to find any kind of Baby's 1st clothing that fit her..I was so bummed (and not at all handy on a sewing machine to make my own)...I agree that was just a little callous of your grandmother..I love mine so much but she can be somewhat insensitive in her ways..