Monday, October 09, 2006

Uneventful Weekend....


This is the costume that we got Baby Boo over the weekend. It looks just as cute on my baby girl as on the model here. Maybe even cuter (but that's because I'm a little biased). Of course, the little model doesn't keep trying to turn around and chew on her wings either. Ahem. And Baby Boo doesn't exactly stand up by herself.

It's funny how even though I told myself that I would do the same things with Baby Boo that I did with Miss Priss, I'm so much more relaxed this time around. If Miss Priss wasn't doing everything ahead of schedule, I worried that she was behind. I know, I know, I'm a neurotic parent. Fortunately, I've mellowed a bit. And I'm not even comparing Baby Boo to Miss Priss as far as what she "should" be doing at this point (or at least I'm trying not to). So, now Baby Boo has a cute little costume although I don't know where she'll wear it -- I don't think we'll go trick or treating, but that's neither here nor there. It will make adorable pictures.

And for Miss Priss? She's going to be Little Red Riding Hood. I had to think about what she could wear to school so that she could still play and have fun, but still be dressed up. And I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for something that she'll wear only once. So, there you have it. I know that a lot of her friends at school will probably be in the super expensive outfits (she goes to a somewhat ritzy pre-school -- I think I'm the only working mother of all the mothers in the class). A lot of her little friends wear dresses and very nice clothes to school -- sorry, I want her to have fun and get dirty, so she's not wearing her best clothes to pre-school. It's not a competition to me to see who can put their child in the most expensive clothes. Sorry. Rant over now.

I got a haircut, and Hubby got a new toy. Don't even get me started on the
Roboraptor (and we didn't pay nearly that much for it, by the way). It keeps him entertained, and it's kind of funny to watch it move around. Hubby thought it would be funny to see how my in-laws' dog reacted to it. He got the desired reaction. It's a funny little toy.

So, that was my weekend. Did anyone do anything fun?

3 comments:

Tuesday Girl said...

That is a cute costume!

overactive-imagination said...

The costumes are ADORABLE!! I just ordered Amanda (my 14 year old) a daisy duck costume from disneystores .com...it's so dang cute and I think it will be perfect for her age group, it's more of an adult type costume even if it is Daisy Duck. It even has the large rump...cute!

Nothing fun for me this weekend but the rest of the family went jet skiing while I worked. I get no sympathy from them...lol.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

You and I agree on many things!