Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm excited.....

I've been very good this week, so I better see more than the 1.2 lbs that I've been losing for the past, what, 3 weeks? I haven't weighed myself at all since last Friday even though some suggest that is a good thing (please take note, Heather and Sunshine, who told me that it was a bad thing to do -- the internet says I can --LOL -- please don't respond with all the sites that advise against it -- there would be too many!).

So, I've been good. I've actually been forcing myself to drink a lot of water (which I absolutely hate!). I start by setting a time limit. I have to drink a glass of water (and I have a glass I always use at work -- it's 12 oz) by 10:00. Then another by 12:00, another by 2:00, and a fourth by 4:00. I've been challenging myself to add a 5th glass throughout the day. That's worked about half the time. I hate the taste of water so much that I'm usually downing a full glass at 9:45, 11:45, etc, etc, etc. You get the idea. I don't want to even admit just how little I was drinking before I started this technique. Don't even want to think about it.

So, I'm hoping that I am rewarded on the scale tomorrow morning. Unless I'm retaining a lot of water. LOL Good luck to all my fellow swimmers in the
pool.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your results. Great job on the water ;-). I HAVE to have lemon in my water to drink it - that might help. Also, I ususally sub about 2 glasses a day with a light colored (i.e., no diet coke!), sugar free, caffeine free substitute - like crystal light or similar. Have you tried their 'on the go' packs - you can put them right in a 16.9oz bottle of water (I reuse the same bottle for a couple of days to save a little $$.)

Tuesday Girl said...

I liek water but drinking so much or having to drink so much makes me crazy.

overactive-imagination said...

I'm with Heather here. Now, I LOVE water but do get bored with it sometimes so.........get you some lemons and squeeze them into your water with a couple of packets of slenda, if you get it just right, takes a few times to find what is pleasing to your palate, it tastes just like lemonade!!
That'll help you get more of it down.
I'm SO proud of you!. Keep up the great work!
Dawn