Friday, April 15, 2005

No Internet

You know how in my last post I mentioned that it's hard for me to go from 5:00 when I leave work until 8:00 when I return to work without internet access? This morning I found out just how hard that was. Our internet was down. All morning. And through lunch. I don't think that the people who were fixing it understood how important the internet is to some of us.

How am I supposed to start my day without my CNN.com updates*? I was ignorant of world events until 1:30 when it was back up again. At that time, I realized not too much had been going on that I needed to know about. But at 8:15 when I was obsessively trying to get online, I didn't know that.

And, the blogs. Let's just say I read about 20-25 blogs every morning. And then again at lunch (in case anyone has updated). I could not check those either. It was awful. I started getting a very bad headache that I blame on not having access to the internet all morning.

And the bulletin board I read. All of us are mothers with children born around the same time. One of them might be pregnant, and she was taking a test first thing this morning and posting the results immediately. I had to wait until 1-freakin'-30 to find out that she got a very faint positive line and was going to try and get into the doctor's office at 2:00.

Oh, the horror of being without the internet.

Did I mention that my mother-in-law is flying in tomorrow night? Well, my mother-in-law is coming into town tomorrow night. I love my mother-in-law. I am one of those lucky people who was blessed with a mother-in-law who is so sweet and nice, and doesn't believe that her son would be better off with someone else (I have a friend whose mother-in-law doesn't like her very much). She's also a wonderful grandmother.

Well, I guess that's all my news. :)

*I get an email every morning from CNN.com that lists the headlines (they are links, so you can get the full story) of World, U.S., sports, entertainment, etc. news. I open the ones that I am remotely interested in reading, and close them as I finish them.