Friday, April 29, 2005

I've Got Nothing

I've got nothing really inspirational or even half-interesting to say today. Well, PMS sucks! Does that count? Blah. Blah, blah, blah. That's how I feel.

I certainly hope that my daughter had a good day at daycare. Would it kill her afternoon teacher to say just one positive thing about my daughter when I pick her up? Just one. I'm not even asking for everyday, just maybe once a week or so. These are the things that I usually hear:

"She didn't sleep very well today."
"She tried to bite someone today, but I stopped her." This one has a tone I don't like when she says it. It seems like she wants some kind of praise for stopping my little cannibal from attacking her classmates, and I see that as her doing her job.
"She didn't eat very much today."
"She threw her cup at lunch, so we took it away." This one does not make mommy happy. I took her to daycare with 3 cups the other day. All full of apple juice except for one that she was drinking in the car on the way. I picked her up with 2 full cups, and the other one was half full. So, throughout the entire day until 5:00 PM, my daughter had exactly 4 oz of liquid. Am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

Anyway, Miss Afternoon Teacher will occasionally tell me, "She had a pretty good day today." I'm usually waiting for the "but" to follow, and I get it about 50% of the time. Every time she tells me that my daughter had a pretty good day, she has an attitude that it was completely unexpected.

At least the morning teacher assures me my daughter isn't the little hellion that the afternoon teacher seems to think she is. I can't help it if my daughter has more spirit and intelligence that 90% of her little classmates.

So, my own little way of getting back at this teacher is:
Whenever I pick my daughter up, she is happy to see me. She usually screeches and screams little "Ahhhs!" This teacher acts like my daughter has committed some crime, "We don't screech inside. Use your inside voice." My daughter usually gives her the look. I don't say a word. I could probably back her teacher up and she'd stop, but why should I?

Can you tell I'm in a good mood? And my lucky little girl gets to spend the evening with me. :)

No comments: