Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I'm A Bad Blogger

I apologize for the lack of posts and the lack of a quotation on this post--I know that everyone loves to see those. Hey, at least I put them in bold font so that you know where my real post begins. :)

So, anyway, I haven't had much to talk about. Nothing too exciting is going on in my life. I'm just here. In fact, I have a strange lack of emotion which is very uncommon to me. I've lived with anxiety attacks and depression for so long that lack of anxiety is almost enough to cause anxiety. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. Anyway, I'm not sad, I'm no depressed, I'm not exactly bouncing off the walls happy either. I'm just here.

I do have an interesting story from daycare about the pacifier. If you are tired of hearing about the pacifier, you might want to quit reading now. :)

I took my daughter to daycare yesterday morning and was getting her stuff out of the bag, her blanket, her Pooh Bear, and her pacifier.
Miss Cecilia (actually, I think it's Mrs., we'll just go with Ms.) jokingly said to my daughter, "Are you still using your paci at home?"
I quickly spoke up in my defense, "Only after they gave it back to her up here."
Ms. Cecilia looked a little taken aback as I related my pacifier story. She then vowed to find out who gave it back to my daughter and why. And, she assured me that she wouldn't give it to my daughter at naptime. I told her that she could give it to my daughter because I don't want her to cry and keep all the other kids up.

Ms. Cecilia told me this morning that she had talked to Miss Trish and found out that they gave the pacifier to my daughter because she woke up screaming (that's twice now that she's done that) and they couldn't comfort her. She also told me that my daughter didn't use it yesterday because she had hidden everyone's pacifiers. Hehehe. Of course, my daughter never cried or asked for it. Why does she do that for Ms. Cecilia but not for me? It would be much easier for me to get rid of it if she wouldn't cry and ask for it!

I heard of a new method of getting rid of the pacifier. Cut the end off of it. Apparently, the child will view the pacifier as broken because it is hard for her to keep it in her mouth, and it doesn't provide the comfort it once did. I might have to try that. My new date to get rid of the pacifier: August 10, 2005 -- my daughter's second birthday. Until then, I've decided not to worry about it.

Tune in tomorrow for more of the 101 Things My Daughter Does To Make Me Smile. :)

2 comments:

Rosa* said...

My daughter who is now 21 months old is also addicted to her paci. It's gotten to the point where if I can't find the ones meant for older toddlers ( 9 months plus) any paci will do. Doesn't matter what size, shape, or color it is. We too hope to be rid of hers by the time she's two in July. I had heard of the cutting method. Another friend let her toddler go to the dollar store and "buy" a new toy using her paci as payment. Then everytime her daughter asked for paci, she would remind her that it was gone and she had bought her new baby with it. That seemed to work well.

overactive-imagination said...

Wow, it's been awhile since I read you. I forget that your blog doesn't ping.
Quit stressing over the binky/paci/dummy (lol) instead of making her go cold turkey, just give it to her at nap times that way she will have it as comfort when you aren't there (because hopefully you will be sleeping a full night :o)...)to be her source of comfort and she will be much easier to get into bed at nap and night-night times. They really do get tired of them, I promise!!

I loved your list of 101 things (or 20) about your daughter that you wrote, that was so sweet.

Right now I could probably name 101 reasons why I'd like to kick my 18 year old daughter in the rear but I'll save that thought until I am not feeling so hurt by her.

Did you know your blog doesn't ping? OR did you chose for it not to??

I hope all is well today.
Dawn