Monday, March 19, 2007

It's Monday

I’m not fond of Mondays.

Well, my doctor’s appointment went okay. I really like this doctor. She was very thorough and nice and took all the time to answer my questions and I never felt like I was being rushed. Since I’m a hypochondriac, that’s important to me. My blood pressure was high. Okay, not high high, but on the higher end of normal and borderline high. The nurse asked if mine was usually high at the doctor’s office, so I lied and said it was (because sometimes it is higher at the doctor’s office). Ahem, yes, I know that lying to your doctor (and technically it was the nurse I lied to) is not a good way to start off a doctor-patient relationship, but I really think it was just a stressful morning, so I’m leaving it at that. It’s been normal at Wally World recently, so I’m going to assume that it’s fine and monitor it myself. If it continues to be high, I’ll look into it further. I’m trying not to assume that I’m going to have a heart attack in the imminent future (see, I told you I was a hypochondriac).

She gave me a prescription for Nuva Ring birth control. This seems like a good plan. The human error factor is down to once a month (surely I can handle that). Let’s hope there are no bad side effects like weight gain or heart attacks or blood clots or stroke. I’m not a smoker over 35, so hopefully, that will help.

Apparently, I also have a, what’s the medical term, “mass” in my left breast. It is tiny (hence the reason that I haven’t found it before now) and now I have to get that checked out. Which reminds me, of course, that I need to call and schedule that appointment. Maybe I can make that the same day that Baby Boo has her 15 month well check since they’re in the same medical complex. That would make it easy. Well, that was easy. I have an appointment at 2:30, and she has an appointment at 3:50. Easy enough and I don’t have to take off any more time from work to get there.

So, anyway, somehow I haven’t convinced myself that I have cancer or anything (ahem, but it’s still early, so by next week, I probably will have convinced myself of that). My doctor (who has more experience in the medical field than I do since she went to college and got that medical degree and all) thinks it’s a cyst. So, I’m going with that for now. She just wants me to get it checked out to make sure it’s nothing at all. Which it is. Nothing at all. So, now I wait. I don’t like waiting.

So, that’s my news. And tomorrow, I’ll tell you about our zoo trip after my doctor’s appointment.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

sounds like a good plan. I've always wondered about the ring. Can't wait to hear your opinions after use. lol I'm on the pill (just started after 7 yrs) and so far no forgetting but that's also how our first daughter came along. lol Have a great time at the zoo!

Unknown said...

Definitely a good plan. I'm thinking of switching myself - I'm getting old and my memory isn't so good! ;-)

Also, sounds like your doc is on top of things. Good to hear!!