Wednesday, March 14, 2007

High School

Okay, last night I had this screwy dream about going to my high school reunion. My 10 year reunion is next summer (summer of ’08), and it was so weird. In my dream, I didn’t want to go, but I did anyway. Somehow, though, I didn’t have time to fix my hair or makeup, and I was wearing old, crappy clothes. I saw most everyone from my high school class (and let me just say that in my dreams, my class did not age well -- LOL). The reunion was held in the middle gym* and there was a basketball game going on at the time.

*In small town Texas, it’s not uncommon to have more than 1 gym. My school had 3. The “Old Gym,” truly old where elementary school kids have PE and play when the weather is bad, the “Middle Gym,” used primarily for middle school PE, middle school basketball games, and JV basketball games, and the “New Gym,” built around 1990 where the high school PE classes were/are held and the high school basketball games are held as well.

Anyway, it was extremely weird, and I woke up with one of those weird feelings of WTH? How can a stupid dream transport me back to high school so quickly.

In case you’re wondering, I am not planning on returning for my high school reunion next year. I might go to the 20 year reunion, but I have no intention of going to talk with people who, all through high school, made me feel like there was something wrong with me because I had half a brain. And since I have no college degree (at this point in time) to show for my braininess, I have no intention of listening to the questions of what is my degree in, etc**. I feel judged just thinking about the people I went to school with. I don’t even have to be in the same room. LOL

**And yes, I have been around people who think that is the main thing that one should do in life. My cousin and her annoying friend came to Thanksgiving. They both graduated from NYU last year with their very expensive educations in TV and Film Production or something of that sort. In a small little question of grammar that got mention, the friend said, “Well, we’re right since we got degrees from NYU***.” Ahem, I can’t remember what the grammar issue was, but I know for a fact that they were wrong.

Anyway, where do these two work with their high priced educations? A home improvement warehouse (I can’t remember which one) for the friend, and my cousin works at a very well known chain of coffee shops (you know, the one that started in Seattle). Yeah.

Okay, so the degree thing is obviously a touchy issue for me. LOL I refrained from asking them how much they make and what their benefits were like. Hubby think I just need to get over it (and he’s right), but I’m not there yet, and for that reason, I refuse to go to a high school reunion. LOL

***For the record, I have nothing at all against NYU. I’m sure it is a fine school. It just happens to be where these two clowns went to school.

No comments: