Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's Friday!

Sorta. I’m taking off tomorrow. I’ve got a doctor’s appointment, and then we’re going to do something as a family. So today is my Friday.

I’m going to talk to the doctor about some sort of birth control. I think an IUD would be perfect for us, but it’s expensive, and our insurance doesn’t see the need to cover it. I’ve never understood that logic. How much would it cost them if I got pregnant? A lot more than the IUD. I guess they’re willing to take the gamble.

So, I’m thinking of the patch. Miss Priss was conceived when was on Ortho Tri-cyclen. We never figured out why. No antibiotics, same time every day, no missed pills. The only thing we can think of is that I missed a pill and took it the next morning or something. No matter what, it happened. So, I don’t have a lot of trust in birth control pills. Too much human error.

So, the patch sounds like a good plan. Human error factor is reduced to once a week. Hubby thinks I should try the shot, but I don’t trust it either. And it has the nasty side effect of making you gain weight – not something I want to do. So, I’ll talk to the doctor and get her input because she is, after all, a doctor and might have some ideas.

It’s the week of weird dreams. I had another weird one last night. Apparently, I was involved in some kind of epic struggle of good and evil. I don’t know how I knew it, but in my dream, I knew it was. I was on the good side in case you were wondering. LOL So, in the end (and it kind of skipped from beginning to end or at least my memory of it does), we won. We won because of the help of Nascar followers. Now, I’m not a Nascar fan, but in my dream, the world was saved by the Nascar fans. I’m telling you there is something wrong with my brain. LOL It does not shut down properly at night.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I think paying outright an IUD costs around $250. Mine doesn't pay for it either. I'm on Yasmin now. I've thought the patch would be the way to go too since I always forget pills.