Thursday, March 16, 2006

She did it!

She did it, she did it, yay! (Sung with the theme music to Dora).

On Monday, we went to Target who had big girl panties on sale and bought a bunch of them. Therefore, the past two days, Miss Priss has been only in panties (except during naptime -- oh, yeah, she's taking a nap again, kind of). Anyway, I figured I'll have to give it a fair shot this time. So, Tuesday, after 3 accidents, she went to take a nap.* She woke up dry. I told her to go sit on the potty. She didn't want to, but when Daddy suggested it (not ordered or anything, merely suggested), she went, sat down and peed. So exciting. And she was rewarded with chapstick.

Yesterday, as soon as she was up, I put her in panties. She kept telling me that she needed a diaper because she needed to poop. Evil b**** that I am, I told her too bad. She had to go in the potty because I didn't want her to poop on the floor or in her panties. After sitting down and watching Dora for a while, she came to me and said, "I pooped, Mommy."
"Where?" (It's only a natural response to want to find the mess and clean it up.)
"In the potty."
Against all "expert" advice, I was very skeptical. But, sure enough, she pooped in the potty. I couldn't believe it! That was the first time ever. So, even though I'm sure we'll have multiple accidents today, I know she can do it and that she's ready. She's starting to relax about it a little more, and, therefore, so am I. I think this might be the start we needed.

Oh, and I haven't had any trouble reading the word verifications for Blogger. Maybe I just needed to vent and suddenly I can read them better.

*Naptime is still hit or miss, but that's an inconsistancy on my part. Bad mommy. I'm trying to at least create a quiet time. She needs it, I need it.

7 comments:

Beth said...

What a big girl....that is soo exciting. Can't wait to get passed that stage with our little guy. He is no where near ready....we have the potty and the underwear, but no desire. Oh well. It will happen soon enough.

Tuesday Girl said...

My daughter is using the potty too! She has used it for all her pees, no accidents, for 5 days now. Although she has only pooped in her pull ups.
It is a start.

Sabrina said...

You and Tuesday are so lucky. I'm not so lucky. :( I've been working with Dominic (3 now) and it's basically when he wants to do it. I tried letting him pee all over himself but it doesn't phase him. His poop is so runny that pullups are pretty much a must! LOL

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO!!!! Im gald the underware thing worked...Noah did the same thing just last week..he decided that it was time...the bag of wrapped goodies helped too... Great job!!! xo lyns

Unknown said...

Awesome~that is so great!!! I hope she catches on quickly!!! Such a big girl :)!!

Sasha@Pw said...

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your big girl and my big girl are doing the same thing this week! We're not up to pooping in the potty yet, but we seem to have peeing in the potty down pat. Woo-hoo! I'm a proud mommy today.

Elise