Thursday, March 30, 2006

Okay, it's been a week....

time to check the scale. Be right back.

Starting weight: 201
Last Week's weight: 183.6
This week's weight: 180.0

Woohoo! That's over 3 lbs lost even with the ice cream I can't seem to stop eating. I've been working on snacking less. When I sit and watch TV, instead of eating (because I need someting to do with my hands), I get out Miss Priss's coloring books and color. Sometimes she colors with me, too.

This week, I'm going to work on exercise. I've got a couple of workouts recorded, so I might as well put them to use. And we also have a Total Gym which would help me get my abs back in shape. I'd also like to get my arms where they looked toned rather than puffy, you know?

It's been a long week. Last Friday, my dad asked if I wanted to go with him to visit my grandparents. So, the girls and I went.

Now our dryer is acting up -- as in not drying the clothes. It did this right before we left, and we reset the breaker, and it started working again. Now, it's not heating, and it keeps going. The little dial doesn't turn, so it doesn't shut off. Lovely. Checking the owner's manual (yes, I did actually save it), it implies that we might have blown a fuse in the dryer itself. I didn't even know that dryers had fuses.

Another funny from the toddler:
When Baby Boo was upset, and I was trying to calm her down, Miss Priss asked me why she wasn't settling down. I told Miss Priss, "I'm told her to calm down, but she's not listening to me."
"Baby Boo needs to go to timeout then."

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing a great job! Sounds like maybe it's time for a new dryer? If it's not drying you probably need a new heating element. I had that one happen before.

Rosa* said...

Yep congrats on the weight loss. I'm still working on mine too. I am down from 208 to 178. Still got about 28 lbs. to go.