Thursday, March 23, 2006

Been a while...

so what do I have to report.....

Visited the in-laws. Always fun for me (and a nice break). My sister-in-law (who is 16) went on a date (I think it was her first "real" date). It made me think back to my first date.....


I was a senior in high school (ahem, yes, a "late bloomer" shall we say?). I had been flirting with this guy, Jason, for a while. He finally asked me out to go see Titanic. Awww...how romantic. And then, in the parking lot of the theater, I threw up. Oh, yes. Got sick. Still makes me cringe to think about it. And giggle a little too. It was so traumatic--I still can't watch Titanic or hear that Celine Dion song without feeling a little nauseaous. LOL


And I have to do something to lose this weight. I have no motivation. Well, not true. I have no willpower. I liked Heather's idea of listing her progress on her blog. Sorry, Heather, I'm going to steal it. It might give me the willpower I need -- could eat the ice cream, but do I really want to put a weight gain on my blog? We'll see if it works.

So, here goes. I'm going to go check the scale. Be right back.
Highest weight (because I need to feel like I've made some progress) -- my last appointment before I had Baby Boo -- 201
Current weight -- 183.6
Goal weight -- well, that's a good question. It's been a few years since I was anywhere in the neighborhood of my goal weight, so I'm going to make 140 the goal for now. I'm 5'9" with a medium frame, so that was what looked pretty good on me. After having two children, my hips may be a little wider and all, so I may stop at 145. I'll shoot for when I feel right. For now, the goal is 140 -- it's good to have a goal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Steal away, girl! It was motivating and scary to know that there are a few people out there watching to see how you're doing. I know you can do it!!

Let me know if you want any info/tips, etc. I'm full of info, but don't share unless asked. I used to hate it when my mother (and others) tried to 'help' me. I think I overloaded Elise with info :-)!!

Anonymous said...

I am not quite at the point of publishing my weight on my blog, but I have been recording it on a 3x5 card for myself. And I went running tonight! My total weight loss goal is 30 pounds.

And Heather, you didn't overload me with info - lol - I appreciated all of it, and I think I'm finally starting to do the right things with my eating. You remain my inspiration!

Elise