Thursday, March 09, 2006

Computer Games

We bought Miss Priss a computer game, Dora's Animal Adventures. It's for 3 and up, but she's 2 1/2, so we figured she'd grow into it. She loves it. She has now deemed the computer her computer, and demands to play her game. She can't move the mouse, but she loves to click when I tell her to. She watches for the stars and likes to feed the animals. It's so cute. It also gives me some time one-on-one with her. We play every night after dinner. I hand Baby Boo off to Hubby, and Miss Priss and I play for about half an hour before bed. Suprisingly, when I tell her that it's the last game, she doesn't throw a fit or anything, just finishes the game and gets ready for bed.

Thanks to tax credit #2 (Baby Boo), we got a nice tax return this year and decided to get new recliners with it. Now, I am anxiously awaiting their arrival which is supposed ot be at the end of this month. Ha. I'll believe it when I see it. However, we got the very reduced price delivery fee simply by exchanging a look when we asked how much it would cost to deliver. The salesman said it would be $75, so Hubby and I just looked at each other (even though we already agreed that we'd pay any delivery fee under $100), and the salesman said, "Well, I can make it a local fee of $35." Okey-dokey.


Well, Baby Boo's up and hungry, gotta go. :)

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

We have a few of those Dora computer games too. My daughter loves the them and plays for hours. Congrats on the tax return! I'm afraid to figure ours this year because I made quite a bit in daycare. Hopefully our Tax Credit #3 will offset that some. LOL

Anonymous said...

Noah loves the dora animal adveture ones..its how we taught him how to use the mouse and computer....we also found Jay Jay, and Caillou ones!! He loves them... he can even play by himself!!! Congrats on the chairs...im a little jealous!! Thanks for the reminder on the taxes..hubby just pulled out the Turbo Tax..xo lyn

Beth said...

Hey! Thanks for coming and visiting my blog and for the comments. I bet my son would love that Dora game too. Sometime we go to nickjr.com and I let him play the games on there and listen to the songs. He really loves it

Melody said...

Enjoy the new chairs...