Monday, December 05, 2005

Busy Day Tomorrow....

I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon that I cannot miss. Well, wouldn't that be the day that I have to report for jury duty? Of course it would.

So, seriously, what are my chances of making the jury? Would you choose the pregnant woman who looks like she'll go into labor if she doesn't get excused? I may not go into labor, but I can guarantee a panic attack. Complete with throwing up and dizziness and general feeling awful. I hope not, but it could happen.

I just want to go in, be excused, go to work, and go to my meeting. That's it. No fuss. So, I'm praying that is what happens.

My co-worker assures me that I could use my daughter to get out of it, but I have this thing about lying and signing my name to it.....she also just throws hers away and goes by the "they can't prove I actually got it in the mail" theory. Again, don't want to do that. So, I'm going with the karma will be good to me for actually showing up and I'll get out of it theory. Yeah, I've been watching
My Name Is Earl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh - so what happened???

I've only been called to jury duty once, when I was in college and all the trials scheduled were settled out of court so I got to go home :).

Hope your day worked out okay!

Sabrina said...

Love my name is Earl! Love it!

Little late here but you can also get out of it by saying that your family relies on your income and you need to work. My dh did that once since I'm a SAHM.

Sasha@Pw said...

They so can't pick you!! Tell them you have to pee every five minutes and therefore would not be a good juror.

Amanda said...

3 more weeks!!! Holy Moly!!! Can't wait!!!