Monday, December 19, 2005

Appointment Tomorrow

My 37 week (and hopefully last) appointment is tomorrow morning. My next appointment is scheduled for the 27th. I better be in the hospital having a baby that day. The only way that I won't be is if everyone in the city decides to go into labor and my induction gets bumped. I am #2 on their list of inductions, so I don't see that as likely.

I'm predicting no change from last week. She definitely hasn't dropped. I know this by the fact that I can feel pressure on my sternum! I think she's trying to see if she can wiggle her little butt up into my rib cage. But, only one more week and one day to go. I can take almost anything that long.

I probably ought to check the weather forecast to see what days would be bad for baby bugger to get here. However, the local weathermen are so bad at predicting the weather that they are likely to get it wrong. According to
www.weather.com, anytime after tomorrow is good. Nice and sunny.

I also should probably finish packing my bag. I don't know why I've put this off for so long. Maybe because I feel like I live out of a suitcase for most of the week anyway. What do I need to take? I packed and took a lot the first time. I have a much more scaled down list this time:

Toiletries (contacts, glasses, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush) are already packed because I never unpack them. They travel back and forth with my daughter and I. I just have to put the little bag into my hospital bag.

Makeup. I already know there are going to be lots of pictures, but I hate makeup. I'll probably throw it in anyway. It's packed in a matching bag with my toiletries.

Baby coming home outfit. Already packed (including socks!).
Baby blanket. Already packed.

Mommy coming home outfit. Half packed (the shirt is packed, the pants are in the laundry somewhere).
Mommy nightgowns. Half packed (I have one in the bag and another in the laundry somewhere).

Camera. I've already charged the batteries and emptied the memory card in the digital camera. I've also charged the camcorder and put in a new tape. Should be good to go.

Carseat. Washed, cleaned, ready to go. I will put it in the car Sunday or Monday. That will be weird to see two carseats in our car.

So, let's see, what am I forgetting?
Nursing bra -- might want to buy at least one of those -- preferably two.
Socks.
Shampoo and soap. Those could be helpful after I've just had a baby. I don't want to smell like I just had a baby.
Maybe a hair dryer to make my hair look good for pictures. I'm so vain. I've kept my toenails painted and my legs shaved for about 2 weeks now (although I assure you neither of those tasks is easy). Oh, and my eyebrows plucked.

My husband also pointed out that I might want to pack a bag for my 2 year old. Ooops! That had totally slipped my mind (what a great mother I am!). My parents might appreciate me making sure she has clothes and diapers when I send her out.

I'm sure that there are other things I'm forgetting, but I remember packing a lot of stuff last time and not needing hardly any of it. I don't feel like lugging it back and forth if I don't need it. Plus, we live about 10 minutes from the hospital, so how hard would it be for me to send my husband for anything I need?

4 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

You're so not vain! you want to look somewhat nice in photos. :) I had a book and magazines just in case I got bored. Hope you deliver soon!

Sabrina said...

We did a gift from the baby for our kids. They really look forward to it. You may try that! Sounds like you're set!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're set! Hope all goes well this week!!! Good suggestion on books...the other thing I brought was my own pillow from home - much more comfy than the hospital ones!!

overactive-imagination said...

What Heather said, I was so glad to ahve my own pillows. I hate those dinky things at the hospital. Thinking of you.
Dawn