Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Harry Potter....

Well, I'm about 4 pages into Harry Potter. After running errands after work yesterday, I went home, did laundry, did dishes, gave my husband a haircut, my daughter a bath, and didn't have time to get started on Harry Potter. Probably just as well. I would have stayed up late reading it. I've heard so many things about it. Some love it, some hate it. I guess I'll have to read it to see what I think.

I'm hoping for better than the 5th book. I thought he had settled into the teenage routine in that one. He always seemed so depressed and angry. I just wanted him to snap out of it (I know from experience that you can't just snap out of depression). I know he had a lot on his mind, but that one was kind of depressing to read in my opinion.

Unfortunately, Mimi and Dede went out of town, so I don't even have someone to take my little munchkin off my hands so that I can read all evening. I guess I have to wait until she goes to bed. Oh, this mothering stuff is so hard!

We tried to see if my daughter would watch another animated movie besides Nemo. We pulled out all of the movies that we have that are animated. So, we tried The Jungle Book. She used to love that one. When she was about 6 months old, I could put her in her exersaucer in front of the TV and put it on the song, "The Bear Necessities." I knew I had 15 minutes of uninterrupted time to myself. I believe that a mother's sanity is worth plopping them in front of the TV at an early age.

No go on The Jungle Book. "I want watch Meno."

So, I guess I'm stuck with Meno. Realistically, there are much worse things. There are many movies that I couldn't stand to watch a second time. And we won't even get started on Barney. So, Meno it is.


And I was so excited to see that the picture that I put in actually worked. My first picture was Nemo. Hmmmm.....I think I'm spending too much time watching kids' movies......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah on Nemo, down with Barney. :)(My daughter will still watch Barney - UGH!)

Never read Harry Potter, so can't comment on that :) I'm sure I'm in the minority though!